Day 25. Favorite book-
I love Sophie Kinsella. She’s been one of my favorite authors for years and years. I love that she’s funny and her characters are always relatable. I always wait eagerly for the next installment in the Shopaholic series and finished her latest book in a few hours. If you haven’t checked out her books, go look them up! They’re wonderful for unwinding!!!
The lovely Carly at Musings of a Wanderer and Dorrie at Bear Den Plantation nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award this week. They’re both fairly new bloggers but they’re awesome and have quickly become two of my favorite bloggers. If you haven’t seen their blogs, go check them out! I’m already hooked!
I’ve done so many blog awards that I can’t think of 15 bloggers I follow that I haven’t nominated for something at some point but I can definitely share seven random facts about myself! I’ll try to share some new facts since the other ones I’m fairly sure I’ve shared before.
1. I just learned that I love to cook. Did not know that before. Once a week, my friend and I have our “Ethnic Cuisine Nights”. Basically, I go over to his apartment and we cook some completely random ethnic three course meal. It’s a lot of fun (because he does the dishes LOL) but it’s given me a chance to stretch my cooking legs a bit. I made paneer cheese from scratch the other day (with a cheesecloth and everything), made strudel with no recipe, and also had a couple (but only a couple) epic fails.
2. I know virtually NOTHING about cars but I can tell you a lot of random things about RVs. Most of my life, my family has had some kind of RV or other. We started with a pop-up trailer when I was really little, moved on to a regular trailer, than ten years later, an Airstream. Now we have graduated to one of those big Class A coaches. It gives me something to talk about with country bands’ tour managers. SO random. LOL
3. I love costumes with a passion. Seriously. I have a big old trunk full of Halloween costumes and typically, there are shoes and hats to match. I once worked at a costume store and have quite a collection. Periodically, I lend them out to friends and one Halloween event, I actually supplied costumes to all but one of my friends. It was kind of awesome. 🙂
4. I’ve been wearing glasses since I was seven and contacts since I was 10. My father is legally blind and on occasion, I have put his contacts in by mistake and been able to see almost crystal clear.
Kind of scary.
5. I hate yoga. I know that sounds terrible. I’m like, firmly Team Pilates. Hot yoga makes me die.
6. I’m super OCD about color coordinating. Every trip I go on, I pick like 1-3 colors, and coordinate around them. Usually this includes nails. I like things to match. EVERYTHING MUST MATCH.
7. I refuse to drink Pepsi. Unless it’s Wild Cherry Pepsi. I’m a GA girl and am loyal to Coke. I once asked a vendor if they had Coke or Pepsi and he said “Coke is an extra $2” so I said “Ok”. He then said “I was totally kidding”. Doesn’t matter, I would have paid it. Us ATL peeps like our Coca Cola.